A great place to work
Health Shield – a great place to work
A fast growing and forward thinking Friendly Society, our diverse team helps our members and their families to look after their health and wellbeing. At our Head Office in Crewe, we offer a wide range of careers from claims, customer service and administration to marketing and finance.
Since 2012, we’ve been named one of the top 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to work for by the Sunday Times. A non-profit making Friendly Society established in 1877, we were first awarded Investors In People (IIP) in 2008 and continue to win industry awards including ‘Best Health Cash Plan’ provider.
We’re also very proud to be recognised by independent assessors as an outstanding employer, placing great emphasis on valuing, rewarding and looking after the health and wellbeing of our colleagues. This is an area in which Health Shield truly excels. So, discover more about our current job opportunities and join our friendly and innovative team.
Benefits & rewards
Passionate about recruiting and retaining the very best people, we look after our colleagues with an attractive package of rewards and benefits.Read more
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Health Shield Cover – includes discounts with high street and internet retailers
- Employee Development and Assistance Programme
- Free use of our on-site gym
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free hot and cold beverages
- SMART benefits
- Bi-weekly fruit deliveries
Learning & Development
We’ve a number of excellent people strategies to support the development of our people and Society.Read more
So, as well as receiving regular reviews, our Learning & Development Officer will work with you to tailor your training to your needs and provide you with on-going support to help you be the best you can be.
We offer in-house and e-learning training, as well as specialist external training courses to suit and support different learning styles and needs. We’re also very supportive of further personal development, which can include gaining further qualifications relevant to your role.
Health & Wellbeing
We understand the importance of work-life balance and believe in living our values by looking after the health and wellbeing of all of our colleagues.Read more
Through flexi-time, generous leave allowances and a friendly working environment, we aim to provide a positive working experience where everyone feels motivated and enjoys making a difference in their role.
We also offer a range of other health and wellbeing benefits:
- Health cash plan – free membership to our own Health Shield health cash plan, so you and your family can enjoy cashback on a variety of everyday health benefits including dental, optical and physiotherapy.
- Employee Assistance and Development Programme (EDAP) – this funds non-vocational training outside of the work place.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – this comprehensive programme provides advice on non-work related legal matters and potential access to free face-to-face counselling.
- On-site gym – everyone at our Head Office can access our gym that has shower facilities.
- Social committee – as well as actively encouraging strong and positive working relationships between our teams through organising regular social events our social committee contributes to the health and wellbeing of our team.
As a team we also raise lots of money for local and national charities while having plenty of fun in the process. In 2016 we raised more than £19,000.