By Health Shield | Posted 15th May 2019
To effectively manage, motivate and support the Claims Team to deliver optimal customer experience, processing claims to a high standard whilst achieving KPI’s and targets. Create a culture which supports a passion for customer service excellence – driving exceptional team work and high levels of motivation and morale. Drive innovation through transformation, encouraging clear, consistent and easy to use processes. Work closely with the Head of Operations and key stakeholders to achieve the Society’s strategic goals.
- Accountable for the day to day performance of the Claims Team and the achievement of KPI’s. Manage holiday and flex requests in line with peaks and troughs to ensure the department is sufficiently resourced at all times.
- Promote a positive and happy work environment by developing excellent working relationships with your team – sharing updates, shouting about success, encouraging completion of staff surveys and leading by example.
- Hold monthly one to one meetings providing feedback on individual, team and business performance, along with monthly team meetings and annual PDR reviews.
- Where necessary, support and coach individuals to achieve the required levels of performance, this may include additional training, performance improvement plans and/or formal performance management
- Ensure all claims processes are documented, compliant and always up to date
- Conduct quality checks in line with the ‘Claims Quality and Monitoring Programme’. Deliver constructive feedback and address any training needs or process amendments.
- Identify and report any risks posed and proactively seek solutions to protect the business
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new staff, ensuring they receive a comprehensive induction and are offered the appropriate help and support to reach a successful probation.
- Be fully conversant in HR policies which may affect your teams. This may include absence, bereavement, unpaid leave, flexible working arrangements, 3 & 5 month/PDR reviews etc.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Team Leader group, to develop member focussed solutions
- Present accurate MI, KPI’s and SLA’s in a timely manner monthly and as required
- Perform other duties as specified from time to time by the Head of Operations
Contact With Others
- Contact with all departments
External (as required)
- Health Practitioners
- Medical Advisor
Education, Skill and Knowledge Required
- Prior management/leadership experience essential – Claims Management experience, desirable
- Formal team leader/management qualification – desirable
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths as a minimum
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Priority/time management experience essential
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Able to use their own initiative when required
- A positive and motivated attitude
- Computer literate
- Health & Safety/Risk awareness/knowledge
Work arrangements: Permanent, full time (Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week)
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking at Head Office
- Free electric hook up for electric cars at Head Office
- Corporate membership of the Health Shield medical cash plan after successful completion of probation
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on site gym
- Free refreshments (tea, coffee, juice etc.)
- Training and development support
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Quarterly on site wellbeing therapy treatments
- Employee development scheme – staff can get a contribution towards non work related personal development activities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd July 2019
If you are interested in applying for this post please download an application form or request one by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning (01270) 503963.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community