By Health Shield | Posted 7th February 2019
- Guiding the Chairman and Board on their responsibilities under the rules and regulations to which they are subject and on how those responsibilities should be discharged.
- Supporting the Chairman in ensuring the Board functions efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring good information flows within the Board and its committees and between senior management and non-executive directors, as well as facilitating induction and assisting with professional development as required
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of the Society, e.g. organising board meetings and AGMs, preparing agendas, taking minutes, following up on actions from meetings, maintaining statutory records
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure that the Society complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and taking action accordingly
- Administration of key policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
- Advising the Executive and the Board on legal and governance matters and liaising with external legal advisers. This may cover areas including, but not limited to:
- terms of reference, including delegation of authority
- contractual arrangements
- mergers and takeovers
- Leading the annual review into Board effectiveness and the assessment process for refreshing the Board
- Working with the Board in reviewing key advisers – Actuaries, Internal Audit, External Audit and Investment Managers
- Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required
Contact with others
- Contact with all departments
- Non-Executive Directors
- External Advisers
Education, Skill and Knowledge Required
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate governance
- Logical, structured and organised in their work
- Able to use their own initiative when required
- A positive and motivated attitude
- Computer literate and dynamic to improve future processes/procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Financial services background preferred
- Relevant company secretarial or legal qualification is preferred
Work arrangements: Full time, Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking
- Free electric hook up for electric cars
- Corporate membership of the Health Shield medical cash plan after completion of probation (6 months)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on site gym
- Free refreshments (tea, coffee, juice etc.)
- Training and development support
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Quarterly on site wellbeing therapy treatments
- Employee development scheme – staff can get a contribution towards non work related personal development activities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
If you are interested in applying for this post please download an application form or request one by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning (01270) 503963.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.