By Health Shield | Posted 11th June 2018
Deliver assurance over Health Shield’s regulatory compliance (FCA & PRA) by providing technical guidance, monitoring and general support to the business.
- Monitor existing and new sources of regulatory intelligence, reporting and acting upon any issues as appropriate
- Identify emerging or changing regulatory risks and assist in the development of policy and procedure in response
- Monitor and support the business’ handling of personal data and take ownership of related data protection activities, for example Subject Access Requests and Data protection impact assessments.
- Review and approve financial promotions and other bespoke documents in line regulatory requirements.
- Undertake compliance monitoring activities in line with the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Respond to cases referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Be prepared to assist with any ad-hoc compliance-related projects as directed by the Compliance Team Leader.
Contact with Others
- Compliance Team Leader
- Risk Function
- Complaints and investigations department
- Executive Directors
- Management team
- All business areas, as required.
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Association of Financial Mutuals
- Customers of Health Shield in response to scheme contracts and data related requests
- External consultants, intermediaries and suppliers.
- Good knowledge of the UK financial services regulatory environment
- Analytical and methodical with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with a focus on grammar and spelling.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels both within a team upon own initiative.
- Relevant experience in the financial services, especially the insurance industry.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced department and to prioritise tasks.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, CRM, Navision and SharePoint.
- Experience in a legal or paralegal function.
- Knowledge of data protection legislation.
- Full-time Monday to Friday 37½ hours
- ½ an hour unpaid lunch break
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking
- Free electric hook up for electric cars
- Corporate membership of the Health Shield medical cash plan after completion of probation (6 months)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on site gym
- Free refreshments (tea, coffee, juice etc.)
- Training and development support
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Quarterly on site wellbeing therapy treatments
- Employee development scheme – staff can get a contribution towards non work related personal development activities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
This is a permanent full-time role working 37½ hours Monday – Friday.
If you are interested in applying for this post please download an application form or request one by emailing: email@example.com or by telephoning (01270) 503963.
Closing date: Friday 24th August 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.