By Health Shield | Posted 11th July 2019
To work in liaison with the Head of HR & Training, HR Business Partners, Learning & Development Officer and Recruitment Specialist to provide dedicated first line HR administration support to our people.
To deal with general people queries in a timely and efficient manner and communicate confidently with our people on topics such as benefits, starters and leavers administration and any other HR processes or procedures.
- Provide day to day operational and administration support to the Head of HR and Training, HR Business Partners, Learning & Development officer and Recruitment Specialist
- Proactively seek and complete all administration tasks accurately, promptly and efficiently
- Ensure that the appropriate governance and controls are in place and followed in relation to all people processes
- Ensure all employee data is stored accurately and kept up to date
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are kept up to date in respect of all people related administration tasks e.g. starter / leaver process, sickness absence
- Provide a first point of call service to our people. Effectively handle queries and provide information to both internal and external customers using appropriate forms of communication i.e. phone, letter, face to face and email
- Primary responsibility for all administration involved in the employee life cycle to ensure appropriate records, correspondence and other documentation is created and stored in accordance with legal requirements and best practice – including GDPR. Preparation and issuing of employee correspondence (e.g. offer letters, contracts of employment, contract changes, maternity etc.)
- Carry out pre-employment checks in line with internal procedures and ensure the relevant documentation is retained as required
- Ensure new starter packs are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct Maternity discussions ensuring that you have in-depth and up to date knowledge of the Maternity Policy and current legislation and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the relevant departments are up to date with new starters and leavers.
- Process leaver information ensuring that the relevant departments are updated in a timely fashion and ensure that over-payments do not occur, and employees receive written notification of termination.
- Provide written correspondence reference requests to external customers in line with internal guidelines.
- Support the HRBPs with employee relations matters e.g. absence management, performance management, grievance and disciplinary
- Work as part of a dedicated HR team providing support on ‘business as usual’ and people projects when required
- Ensure all post is opened, date stamped and distributed each day
- Prioritise work and meet agreed deadlines and service level agreements as required.
- Maintenance of the time management system – including production of appropriate reports for payroll etc.
- Coordination of wellbeing and engagement projects including research into potential new suppliers
- Administration of a range of employee benefits including EDAP and HappyPeople
- Provision of secretarial support to the H&S committee.
- Provision and analysis of employee data to the HR team and line Managers
- Monthly payroll preparation
- Updating of the organisation chart on a monthly basis
- To consistently role model the company values and behaviours and encourage others to do the same
- To provide project/policy development support as required e.g. HR strategy workstreams, policy review and development, other ad hoc projects)
- To undertake relevant training and study
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
Contact With Others
HR function, line Management, Finance, It and contact with all departments as required
Wellbeing and benefit providers
Liaison with relevant third party suppliers External advisors
Education, Skill and Knowledge Required
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- The role holder must have significant administration experience
- CIPD qualified or part-qualified
- Ability to multitask and be flexible
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- Ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
- Methodical, accurate and pays meticulous attention to detail
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent IT skills being proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety
- Experience of using a HR database
- Administration experience within a HR department
- Reporting and analytical skills including excel pivot and look up tables
Work arrangements: Permanent, full time (Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week)
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking at Head Office
- Free electric hook up for electric cars at Head Office
- Corporate membership of the Health Shield medical cash plan after successful completion of probation
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on site gym
- Free refreshments (tea, coffee, juice etc.)
- Training and development support
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Quarterly on site wellbeing therapy treatments
- Employee development scheme – staff can get a contribution towards non work related personal development activities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
Closing date: Friday 9th August 2019
If you are interested in applying for this post please download an application form or request one by emailing: email@example.com or by telephoning (01270) 503963.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community