By Health Shield | Posted 11th June 2019
At Health Shield we are passionate about supporting our people so that they can realise their potential. The culture and dress code at our head offices in the heart of rural Cheshire is informal and our modern open plan offices provide the perfect environment for collaboration.
You’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues at all levels of the organisation and you can expect your line managers to proactively invest in both your personal and professional growth.
You will get the opportunity to help shape the engineering team and work with the latest technologies to ensure we continually improve as a team and drive the business. You will have access to all the tools and resources you need to do your job (software, training, free fruit, all the coffee you can drink and much more).
We expect the right person to be an experienced software engineer and have good knowledge of what it takes to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined Agile software engineering team.
You will have a passion for coding and be a solid full stack developer who is able to demonstrate a broad range of technical skills. However, the main purpose of this role is to provide technical knowledge of .Net REST API, and Ideally Dynamics development and contribute as part of a small team of software engineers responsible for developing several business critical projects.
You will assist at each stage of the software development lifecycle and have a passion for Agile, Lean delivery principles, helping the team move towards iterative development via continuous integration and ultimately continuous delivery.
Education, Skill and Knowledge Required:
Microsoft .net c# application development, particularly:
- Creation of secure REST API using .net core
- Integration with third party APIs
- Unit and system testing
- Logging and performance considerations
Microsoft CRM / Dynamics:
- Integration with plugins
- Integration with third party systems (e.g. Exchange)
- Web Api (OData, not legacy web services)
Microsoft NAV 2016:
- Particularly migration from NAV to CRM
- Database design and development incl. T-SQL
- Active Directory
- Website Hosting (IIS, SSL, Certificates, DNS, ADFS, AD Connect, Virtualisation)
- Configuration (Firewalls, event resolution)
- Error handling, investigation and debugging
- Identity management
- Application configuration
- Continuous Integration and deployment
- Bachelors and / or Masters Degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or relevant training / industry experience
Work arrangements: Full time, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking at Head Office
- Free electric hook up for electric cars at Head Office
- Corporate membership of the Health Shield medical cash plan after successful completion of probation
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on site gym
- Free refreshments (tea, coffee, juice etc.)
- Training and development support
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Quarterly on site wellbeing therapy treatments
- Employee development scheme – staff can get a contribution towards non work related personal development activities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd July 2019
If you are interested in applying for this post please download an application form or request one by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning (01270) 503963.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.