By Health Shield | Posted 22nd May 2019
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing Health Shield’s health screen and occupational health Medex digital & offline product portfolio creating product plans and managing existing and new products through the development life cycle.
Working alongside the Marketing, Insights, Technology, Change Management and client/customer engagement teams, you will identify and evaluate product innovation and enhancement opportunities; research and document market requirements, drive product developments that deliver profitability, agree and implement go to market plans. You will build excellent working relationships to bring a joined up collaborative approach across the Society in delivering new products and changes to existing.
You will work with key stakeholders across the business using a framework which aligns business and product strategies with themed roadmaps and agile digital delivery methods.
The Product Manager will become a trusted expert within Health Shield who understands the health screening and occupational health markets, commercial environment and products.
- Help establish product vision, business goals, product roadmap and rollout plans.
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team to understand business requirements and identify new opportunities. Work closely with multiple teams on the planning, development and design of strategy from product initiation decision through to end of the product life cycle
- Own the Test and Learn agenda for the relevant Health Shield health screening & occupational health products
- Own and manage the product life-cycle. Continually review a defined portfolio of products and assess performance in line with business plan. Work closely with Pricing and Underwriting and Head of Screening Services to monitor pricing and behaviour performance of existing products.
- Support the insights team in researching and documenting market and customer requirements with the ability to translate those into well understood product design and user experiences
- Ownership of health screening & occupational health and Medex product business cases for review by the Executive Leadership Team, which could be strategic, tactical or regulatory driven.
- Identify and evaluate product innovation and enhancement opportunities, working alongside Analytics, Client Engagement, and Technology teams
- Ownership of product go to market plans for product launches and/or product developments.
- Manage and negotiate commercials with third party relationships including benefit providers and industry bodies to deliver compelling business propositions. Review performance of 3rd parties and a regular basis to ensure KPIs are achieved and where required take corrective action to ensure brand and reputation are protected.
- Attend and network at industry forums, events and exhibitions to identify new opportunities that can help deliver winning product propositions and increase Health Shield’s presence within the marketplace.
- Deliver training on new product initiatives across the business.
Contact With Others
All employees as required and directed by Head of Marketing – in particular the Exec, Pricing and Underwriting, IT and Management Team.
Third party suppliers and industry bodies. Other parties as required and directed by the Head of Marketing and the Executive.
Education, Skill and Knowledge Required
- Experience of the health insurance or financial services market
- Experience of the product lifecycle
- Experience of agile digital delivery methodology is key
- Experience of working in a digital environment is essential. Comfortable interacting with developers, designers and product leads to drive customer experience, product feedback and testing
- Passion for creating a great customer experience
- Commercial acumen, with experience of managing commercial KPIs
- Experience of working for a recognised consumer brand and a strong understanding of balancing customer need with commercial outcome
- Project Management – planning, structure, managing issues and reporting progress
- Analysis skills – conducting research, assimilating and articulating observations and drawing conclusions
- Tenacious and enthusiastic in the face of hurdles and challenges – desire and ability to get things done
- Excellent communication skills – presentations and written reports
- Excellent negotiation skills and a proven facilitator
Work arrangements: Permanent, full time (Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week)
- Competitive salary
- Free car parking at Head Office
- Free electric hook up for electric cars at Head Office
- Corporate membership of the Health Shield medical cash plan after successful completion of probation
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on site gym
- Free refreshments (tea, coffee, juice etc.)
- Training and development support
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Quarterly on site wellbeing therapy treatments
- Employee development scheme – staff can get a contribution towards non work related personal development activities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
Closing date: Wednesday 7th August 2019
If you are interested in applying for this post please download an application form or request one by emailing: email@example.com or by telephoning (01270) 503963.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.