1. Check your practitioners' qualifications
Registered dentists and opticians are automatically accepted. For other treatments, please make sure your chosen practitioner has the necessary accreditations or qualifications accepted by Health Shield before you book.
2. Pay and ask for an itemised receipt
For every healthcare treatment please make sure you ask for a receipt on headed paper that shows the following information:
- The full name, qualifications, official practice stamp and contact details of the practitioner
- Full name of person who's received treatment
- Confirmation payment has been made in full
- If the receipt is for more than one treatment, then separate dates and amounts for each appointment must be shown
- Type of treatment received
- You need to have a paper claim form for some benefits
3. Gather the information you need
Before making a claim, please make sure you have the following information close to hand:
- Your customer number (formerly your membership number)
- Your bank details (so we can pay your claim)
- Your email address, so we can let you know your claim's been paid
- A valid receipt, or your form stamped by the hospital
4. Submit your claim
The quickest and easiest way to claim is online via the customer area.
Once you’re registered, you’ll be able to view all your policy details and claim online. Plus, you’ll get access to your “MyWellness” benefits.
Prefer to claim by post?
Remember to include the original receipt or get your form stamped by the hospital (if claiming for hospital benefit).