By Health Shield | Posted 4th October 2017 | 2017
Following a concerted move this year to make a wider range of health and wellbeing solutions accessible to more people across the UK, Health Shield is confirming its commitment to further growth, development and innovation in 2018 with the announcement of three new senior appointments with immediate effect.
- Stuart Hayhurst has joined as Director of IT & Operations. He previously worked in a senior leadership capacity for British Gas where he looked after the day-to-day operation of the digital business.
- Joining from the ACC Liverpool Group is Dan Birtles, who will work with Stuart in the capacity of IT Project Manager. He brings with him experience in the strategic planning and delivery of IT and technology solutions.
- Nick Foskett has been appointed Financial Controller. He has over 11 years’ experience in the financial services industry, most recently as Financial Controller for a global payment solutions company based in the Midlands.
Alongside these new appointments, Health Shield has completed a significant restructure, which includes two changes to senior leadership.
- Courtney Marsh is now Commercial Director, with the new workplace health screening business Health Shield Wellbeing reporting into him, along with the Marketing function and Pricing and Underwriting. Courtney was previously Executive Director of Operations and Risk and has worked for Health Shield for seven years.
- Philip Wood is Sales Director incorporating the business development function and a newly restructured Membership and Retention team. Phil has been with Health Shield for more than 27 years.
Commenting on his appointment Stuart Hayhurst said: “Health Shield has already developed an enviable reputation for its ability to evolve and lead in the health and wellbeing space and it has some ambitious plans going forward. I’m excited to be given the opportunity to be a part of this by leading their digital development.”
Health Shield Chief Executive Jonathan Burton commented: “Health Shield has grown considerably over recent years and it doesn’t stop there. We have exciting plans over the next 12 months to grow our range of services and streamline their delivery. Our goal is to help ensure more people across the UK gain access to the essential tools, information and impetus required to take charge of their own physical and mental futures.
“Today’s announcement is testament to our growth plans. Stuart and Dan bring considerable IT and operations experience and fresh perspectives from completely different industries, as does Nick moving to join us from a global enterprise. I’m delighted to welcome them to our team and congratulate Courtney and Phil on their new roles. The stage is now set for even bigger innovation from Health Shield next year.”
– ENDS –
For further information please contact:
Suzanne Clarkson, Carr Consulting & Communications 07799 873586
Kevin Carr, Carr Consulting & Communications 07887 838811
About Health Shield
Established in 1877 Health Shield is an award winning and market leading provider of Health Cash Plans and health and wellbeing benefits. Health Shield is a non-profit making Friendly Society without shareholders, operating for the benefit of all our members. We are committed to providing competitively priced products that are sustainable and affordable, and strive to enhance our award winning reputation in the market. healthshield.in-beta7.co.uk