Choose your enhancement options
Our range of tests, designed to complement your health check, includes:
Prostate PSA Test
- Prostate cancer is the most common male cancer in the UK, affecting 1 in 8 men in their lifetime.
- Prostate Cancer UK recommend Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) testing as the first step in
diagnosis because they are cheap, safe and effective.
- Recommended for those male at birth, aged 40 or over.
- Finger prick blood test taken by the practitioner during the health check with instant result.
- Cost: £25 (ex VAT)
Bowel Health Test
- There are over 42,000 new case of bowel cancer in the UK every year.
- A faecal occult blood test checks for tiny, invisible traces of blood in the stool, which can be a
sign of bowel disease and potentially an early sign of bowel cancer.
- Recommended for those aged 40 or over.
- This is a home test kit posted to your address after your health check, with instructions of how to
use, take a sample, then send onto the lab for analysis in ready prepared packaging. Results are
shared through the booking portal following analysis.
- Cost: £30 (ex VAT)
Osteoporosis Risk Test
Osteoporosis affects one in two women and one in five men over the age of 50. Our test checks for levels of deoxypyridinoline (DPD) in the urine, an indicator of osteoporosis risk.
- Recommended for those aged 40 or over
- Home test kit with easy-to-follow instructions
- Results shared through the booking portal
- Cost: £55 (ex VAT)
Taking the tests
All our enhancement options are quick and non-invasive. Some are performed during your health check, while others come as a home test kit sent off to the lab for analysis.
Payment and booking
Upgrade and add enhancements through the booking portal and pay online with a credit or debit card. If your employer has made the tests available, you can add them to your health check free of charge when booking your appointment.
Who can take the tests?
Prostate tests are for those assigned male at birth, while the bowel and osteoporosis tests are suitable for everyone. As health risks tend to rise with age, we recommend these tests for individuals aged 40 and over.
Understanding your results
We'll explain your prostate test results during the health check and refer you to your GP if results are high. For the bowel and osteo tests, we share your results via the booking portal. If results are high, we send a letter explaining the result and recommending a follow-up with your GP.
In health, every step counts. Upgrade your health check today and take a confident step towards a healthier future.